Wednesday 22 June 2016

Empties #1

May 2016/ June 2016 

I have been collecting these empties for a while and I thought it was finally time to empty the overflowing box!



Ted Baker London, Body Wash 50ml 

The body wash was part of a gift set and I absolutely loved it!

I've had Ted Baker before and think they are perfect little gifts for anyone, and I would highly recommend this product.

The mix of rose, sandalwood and raspberry create a very different and unique scent. I think it was past the sweet scents you use as a child but it creates this mature fragrance.

It was a lovely soft gel which created a great lather on the skin.

Unfortunately, it didn't last many washes, but it was only a gift set size!

Additionally, they are cruelty-free, which is a huge bonus.

I can't find this gift set currently, but I found one *like it* on the Boots website at £8.

Buy again? No!  Maybe.  Definitely!

Lush, Yummy Mummy Shower Cream 100g 


This is very different from the other Yummy Mummy product I will talk about!

This little bottle was from the 2016 range of Mothers Day products, and I'm sure I loved it far more than I loved the shower gel.

The cocoa butter and tonka absolute create this beautiful scent which is rich and creamy in the shower.

It lathered up really well and I found myself buying a 500g before the range left Lush stores.

What I loved about the 100g is how easy they are to travel with! They fit perfectly in any suitcase or bag for a weekend away etc.

You can probably tell how much I loved this by the fact I went through two 100g and bought a 500g.

I hope they bring this back next year as it is one of my all time favourite scents!

According to allthingslushUK, it was £4.95 for 100g.

Buy again? No!  Maybe.  Definitely! 

Lush, Rose Jam Shower Gel 100g 

It was my first time trying Rose Jam at Christmas (2015) and I absolutely adored it!

I think I bought a 100g just to try, and then realised how amazing it was so bought a 250g.


The bottle was probably left in the shower, hence the fact the label looks so tattered.

The product itself has this sweet rose smell to it, so if you hate the floral side of rose then you'll probably like this!

It doesn't have that overpowering sickly scent of rose, but some
thing else that makes it amazing.

I actually bought the solid perfume of Rose Jam and I'm so glad I did.

It is £4.95 for 100g.

Buy again? No!  Maybe.  Definitely! 

Lush, Comforter Shower Gel 250g

This was a pretty older bottle of shower gel which I bought from a fellow Lushie.

It was from when Lush Kitchen brought out the shower gel, which is a very different product to the shower cream you now see in stores.

I think it was from 2014, so it was past its use- by date, but everyone knows you can use *most* Lush products past their use-by date.

I'd been holding onto it for so long as it was a precious bottle of shower gel, but I finally finished it off in a bath, and it was glorious.

It has to be one of my favourite shower gels so far and it was much better than the shower cream.

It had a straight up Comforter smell and smelled just like the bubble bar, which is what made me love it.

I hope they bring this out again or I can get my hands on it!

It was £10.25 for 250g.

Buy again? No!  Maybe.  Definitely! 

Boots, Simply Sensitive Soothing Face Wipes with Aloe Vera (25 Wipes)

I think I bought these as I'd forgotten makeup wipes on a trip.

I use make up wipes a lot and it seems that I go through them so fast.


I try to use products that aren't too harsh on my skin and I think these were pretty good.

I obviously liked them as I finished the packet!

You can buy them for £2.49 here. 

Buy again? No!  Maybe.  Definitely!

Lush, Glögg Shower Gel 250g.

This was a kind of whim buy from Lush Kitchen.
The idea of it really appealed to me as the ingredients sounded pretty yummy.

I'm a fan of cinnamon things and all those beautiful spice smells at Christmas.

The red wine, lime and patchouli sounded amazing together and I wasn't disappointed with this product.

For someone with chronic pain, this can really make a day better. 

I don't think it is better than Hot Toddy (Shower Gel) but it has the same kind of impact.

It is a thin shower gel which smells fab when you open the bottle.

I say 'it is' because I still have another bottle, luckily!

I think, despite what other people have said, it can be used any time of year... especially if you live in the UK! 

£11 for 250g

Buy again? No!  Maybe.  Definitely! 

Lush, Yummy Mummy Shower Gel 250g 

The Yummy Mummy shower gel used to be one of my favourite products, but then it turned into a real hate.

The texture was great, the lustre in it was amazing and the smell was a dream.

Though, then it turned into a chemically smelling sort of disgusting mess. 

I hated it so much and I really really hated this product.

Admittedly, I never EVER finished this bottle. I had a bit left in the bottom which made me gag every time I smelled it so I had to chuck it away.

It hadn't even reached its use by date, which was March but I'd avoided it for a couple of months, when it smelled absolutely foul.

I'm glad they replaced 2015 Yummy Mummy with a shower cream, which seems to be, so far, holding its own.

£9.50 for 250g (2015)

Buy again? No!  Maybe.  Definitely! 

Lush, Twilight Shower Gel 250g 

How can I describe Twilight? 

Let's make sure we know we're discussing the shower gel and not the film about glittery vampires.

Twilight has this beautiful malty lavender smell, which I think is beautiful.

The lustre on these shower gels was insane! 

The deep purple colour and the glitter create an experience unlike any other.

Lush Kitchen released this and I snatched up 4 I think?

So, I have a fair few to keep me going for the time being!

You can buy a 100g bottle from the regular line in the Relax gift set for £19.50. 

£11 for 250g (2016) 

Buy again? No!  Maybe.  Definitely! 

Simple, Spotless Skin Quick Fix Cleansing Wipes (25 Wipes) 

I've just finished these makeup wipes and I found them beautiful on the skin.


They wiped off makeup pretty well whilst giving your skin a cleanse at the same time (but I would use a toner after these anyway).

I think the chamomile in them had a cooling impact on my skin and they weren't too abrasive.

They even managed to take off Jeffree Star Liquid Lipstick, which is extremely hard to remove.

You can buy these for £4.25 on the Boots website. 

Buy again? No!  Maybe.  Definitely! 

Thank you for reading!

What are your empties? And what are your staple products which you always have empties of?

Until next time, Rachel xx












1 comment:

  1. The packaging alone for Ted Baker looks awesome! So glad you liked it! Yummy Mummy is a really good scent. I can see why you purchased the larger bottle. Simple is an excellent product. Great empties.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think! - Rachel x