Monday 8 August 2016

NYX Reviews!

Lipstick, eyeliner, and lipliner. 


You may remember a little haul I had a week ago and I decided to try them all out.

Most of the products I love for the price, but I think one needs working on.

Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick £6.50 

I was really excited to try these as I usually buy Jeffree Star liquid lipsticks, but these looked pretty cool.. and cheaper. I can see why Jeffree Star is still my preferred liquid lipstick.

LSCL 10 Amethyst- 

In my haul post, I really raved about this colour. I said how much I loved the way it looked and how different it seems. Though, from the pictures you can probably see that it leaves much to be desired. It seems kind of bitty and sticky to me... it left sort of clumps on my lips.  It didn't really give any good coverage, as you can see, and I just don't really like it.

Maybe you have to work to get it how you want it to look on your lips. Though, I'd expect it to be easier to apply... but maybe this is the kind of product you get for this price. 

Rating- 3/5  (trying to like it, it is a lovely colour) 

LSCL 11 Kitten Heels-  

Wow! 
 I really really like this. I was looking for that sort of bright red lipstick which wasn't too dark... and I found it. As you can see, it provides excellent covered, slides on easily and looks pretty good on your lips. It felt amazing when I was wearing it, but I'd advise you line your lips before with this... it can get kind of messy.

I don't understand how these liquid suedes can be so far apart but this one is one of my new favourite red lipsticks. It is pretty perfect!

Rating 5/5 (absolutely adore this!)




Intense Butter Gloss £5.50 - Toasted Marshmallow 

This is the best of the lip products I bought. I love it so so so much.

It is so moisturising but beautiful at the same time. I received a few compliment when wearing this for the first time.

When I applied it I thought 'Oh wow, I look like Maleficent'. Though, I grew comfortable wearing it... plus, I realised that you might as well wear whatever you want to wear...

Additionally, it isn't too sticky and sits wonderfully on the lips. It doesn't wear off too easily.

One of the BEST lipglosses I have ever worn...

Ditch the lipstick suede and buy the cheaper intense butter gloss!

100/5 (LOVE IT)

Slide On Lip Pencil £5.50- Summer Tease 

 This goes on so easily and is ridiculously easy to apply. I love the crayon kind of feel it has.. rather than that 'sharp' pencil look.

It is a gorgeous colour and it blends well with lipsticks etc I put with it.

I still believe this may not be an everyday colour but I think it is perfect for summer!

5/5 (it is a great lip pencil)

Slide on Pencil £5.00- Golden Olive

1st Swatch. 
1st Swatch. 
All I can say is that this eyeliner is amazing to wear. It provides a soft colour to wear when you don't want dark eyes... but want eyeliner to shape your eyes. 

How I wore it. 
How I wore it. 
Again, it is pretty soft and you don't need much to create a lovely line on your eyes. I only swept it along my lid once and it left a brilliant pop of colour. I also received a compliment about how it was green and gold, which made it pretty unique.

I used it the other day to create a beautiful eye look. I added browns and soft colours, with the eyeliner as the star of the show.
5/5 (perfect!)

Studio Perfect Primer £10.00- Green 


This is a strange primer... 

Before I shook it up, I tried a bit and some oil leaked out of it. I then realise how oily it could be. 

You only need a tiny tiny bit on your face, or you will look like you've thrown a deep fat fryer on there. 

I'm still wondering about this, but first impressions aren't exactly promising.
It reminds me of guacamole... maybe a bad thing?

2/5 (not a fan... yet) 


Thanks for reading! Have a great week, Rachel <3 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! - Rachel x