Wednesday 3 August 2016

NYX Haul & Face Masks.

August 3rd 2016

I had a teeny little haul of NYX and some new face masks to try out. 
An impromptu trip to the Trafford Centre meant that I couldn't resist checking out the new NYX range in Selfridges.

Admittedly, I have tried out NYX twice and I think they were both crazy lipsticks I bought from eBay. I don't think I've worn them very often.

I have been looking for a new lip pencil, some new lip colours and a primer- and I found just what I was looking for. I'm pretty excited to really try these new products but, for now, I'll leave you with a breakdown of what I bought.

Lip Products

Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick £6.50

I really love liquid lipsticks (as you'd be able to tell by my JeffreeStar collection) and I'm not someone to shy away from weird and wacky colours.

The two colours I picked up appealed to me most and looked good when swatched on my skin. 

LSCL 10 Amethyst- A bold colour but looks lovely on the lips! I tried it on the night I bought it and I absolutely adored it.

It may be too dark for some people but there is a lighter lilac shade, which may be for you if this  shade scares you.

LSCL 11 Kitten Heels- Everyone needs a staple red lipstick in their life. I always shy away from them given the size of my lips but I thought I'd go for it. I seem to have darker reds or brighter sort of reds, but nothing that sits inbetween. This colour is so nice on. 

Intense Butter Gloss £5.50 - Toasted Marshmallow 

 Okay, can we first talk about the smell of this product? It smells like sweet and warm buttery goodness... and I really wanted to eat it off my lips.

I'm not normally a fan of lip gloss but this one is beautiful on the lips. It might be too dark for some people but for me I adore it.

Beware, a little goes a long way and it is *intense* as it says on the product.

I tried it on my lips and here is a little picture. 



Order- LSCL 10, LSCL 11 and Toasted Marshmallow Intense Butter Gloss.




Slide On Lip Pencil £5.50- Summer Tease 
I've been looking for a lip pencil for a while and I think I found one which kind of matches my shade, but is also a nice summer colour.

I've yet to try it on my lips but the swatch can provide a glimpse into what it is like.


I found it smooth and that only one swipe provided a highly pigmented line. 


Order- Golden Olive Eyeliner then Summer Tease Lipliner. 

Eyes

Slide on Pencil £5.00- Golden Olive

I just think this eyeliner is beautiful and fun! A great touch of colour to your lids for on holiday when you don't feel like applying much makeup. 

I like that it has a green tinge but it is gold as well, so not your average gold colour... if you understand that? 

Only one problem was the top of the pencil snapped off when I tried to swatch it, so I lost a little product. 

Misc

Studio Perfect Primer £10.00- Green 

I have been looking for some kind of *better* primer than the one I use now, and I spotted this one. 

I have quite a few red areas on my face such as my t-zone and random spots that appear every now and then. I didn't find it expensive for how big the bottle is and can't wait to review this. 



Nügg Face Masks £13.00- 4-pac 

I'm always a fan of a face mask but I rarely know what to use. I like to use Lush ones now and then but I'm trying to broaden what I use.

I thought this 4 pack provided me with a selection of some face masks to try. 

I fall for the aestethic of products a lot 
and these were so neatly lined up. 





That is it for now! Have a great Wednesday.

Comment below what products you have tried here or want to try.

Rachel x 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! - Rachel x