Thursday 26 May 2016

Bomb Cosmetics Unboxing

Bomb Cosmetics Unboxing/First Impressions

*Disclaimer* Prices may have changed since I received this, products may have changed etc, promotions may have changed*

Granted, this is about a year and a half overdue, but I'm finally writing about these products.

As I've mentioned before, I'm very much for helping people find alternatives to Lush which are cheap as not everyone can afford Lush.

The total of 16 products came to £45.84 which you can't complain about. On top of this, Bomb Cosmetics gifted me a free gift box and a free body lotion.

The box is a lovely pink colour when it arrives and it's inviting. You feel special when you receive this box. I appreciate the fact it is made of cardboard, as it's especially good for the environment because it can be recycled.

As you can see, it has a lovely slogan as well of 'you know it makes scents'. I was pretty impressed with the play on words and it got a giggle out of me. Very very punny.                                  


The box is jammed full of packing peanuts, the same packaging Lush uses, which are bio-degradable and less waste for the environment. They can be dissolved in water or they bio-degrade by themselves, but I love them so much! 



I was amazed at how well the products are packed and how they managed to fit all of my purchases in one box, but I couldn't complain as they used less packaging. However, one complaint is the amount of plastic they use to wrap their products. There are pros and cons to wrapping your products, unlike Lush who now use 'naked' packaging, which usually results in a lot of their products being damaged easily. 


To the right of the picture is a blue gift box, this was free from Bomb Cosmetics because I think I spent over £30. This had 5 products in which had a clean and fresh smell to them. They were lovely to use in the bath. 


I decided to order 5 soaps from Bomb Cosmetics. At £2.49 each, it was a pretty good price compared to Lush, I also think they may be slightly bigger in size. However, the smells of the soaps are pretty artificial and pretty harsh on the nose.


The little wrapped up products in tissue paper are bath mallows and bath creamers. Like bath melts but they fizz at the same time. They were in cute shapes such as cherry and gingerbread man. Bath mallows are £2.24 with creamers at £2.09. The large red dotty product was cocoa swirl at £2.99. You could easily use it for many many baths and get your moneys worth! The massage bar was interesting as it was lavender - something I hadn't found Lush regularly produce. I'm a fan of lavender at night and at £3.49,  I couldn't resist buying it.

 

The bath 'blasters' were all £2.29 which is fairly cheap for the size product you receive. Honestly, I didn't find them as lovely as Lush or as beautiful in the bath, but you pay for what you get. These particular ones were Christmas themed and I found them really cute. Excellent gifts to give to friends etc. 


The last product I bought was a mad hatter candle which was priced at £8.99. Being the most expensive thing I bought, I was glad as I find it a beautiful product. It is enclosed in an actual tea cup and saucer and smells beautiful. It still hasn't been used fully to this day but smells beautiful when it is burned.

Conclusively. you pay for what you get with Bomb Cosmetics. If you want a cheap alternative to Lush, then this is definitely one!

- Rachel  xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! - Rachel x