Sunday 15 May 2016

Hanky Panky Shower Jelly

Hanky Panky

Hanky Panky is from my order with PrettySudsUK. It took a while for me to use this as the texture of the product put me off a little.

Don't get me wrong, the jelly smells fab and it has a very strong resemblance to Karma scent from Lush. This jelly is different from ones I have ever tried- it has soap on top and around it! Every time I tried to use it, I sort of found myself repulsed by the slimey texture.

It was pretty sticky and I found it hard to wash off my hands. I wasn't too impressed with the idea and soap mixed with shower jelly didn't exactly appeal to me. Wouldn't the soap just melt for this reason?

One night I decided to take the plunge and try to use it. I thought I would chop it up because it smelled lovely, it was just the texture which put me off.

The colour is a beautiful shade of purple and the top is covered with soap which is then covered with glitter and silver hearts.

From the picture, it looks deceptively lovely to touch but I can only reiterate how horrible I found it.

When I took it out of its packet, it was extremely difficult to hold together. The soap started to fall off the jelly and was quite slippery in my hand.

At least the soap came off in quite big chunks and I was left with the actual jelly.
The jelly itself was a lovely texture and I can imagine it goes great in bath cocktails.

I decided to use some in a cocktail and it added an undertone of a patchouli kind of smell.

Pretty Suds jellies themselves tend to fall apart. My Pretty Lady jelly fell off a lot when I used it in the bath so I wasn't particularly impressed but I couldn't really complain at £3.25

Overall, this product is okay. I don't exactly think the soap adds something different to the jelly but instead kind of puts me off the using the product. I think the smell is beautiful and jelly itself is lovely but the product just isn't for me.

Would I buy it again? Highly unlikely.

Rachelush x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! - Rachel x