Friday 27 May 2016

Lava Lamp

Lava Lamp (2016)

I never tried Lava Lamp when Lush first brought it out, and I probably wouldn't if my boyfriend hadn't bought it for me. 

When my boyfriend anxiously looked at me on my birthday and handed me a Lush package, I could smell this beautiful citrus scent. It wasn't really too sweet or artificial, and being not really a lover of orange smells, I liked it.

Luckily, I had never tried this bath bomb and my boyfriend actually sighed with relief. 

Lush discontinued this product when the bath oil in the product actually stained things. I didn't much hear the rumour due to other things at the time but when Lush announced this product was coming back people were extremely excited. Due to this, I was pretty excited to try it.

Admittedly, due to its scent and ingredients, Lava Lamp had never really appealed to me. Though when I opened the Lush bag on that Friday morning and smelled it, I instantly fell in love.

The ingredients: Orange Flower Absolute, Tangerine Oil, and Sicilian Mandarin Oil, mean it is packed full of bright smells. The kind of smells which wake you up from the get go.

The beautiful bath bomb. 
I really could smell the orange but it wasn't an off- putting smell. I'm not too much of a fan when it comes to packing orange smells- Brightside never appeals to me, but this bath bomb changed my mind a little.

In the Bath

Lava Lamp is priced at £3.95, which is pretty standard for a Lush bath bomb. And the 16 ingredients aren't exactly cheap.

I found that Lava Lamp was extremely pretty. It was different to any Lush bath bomb I had used before. The orange colour was striking and the purple made it look really, and there's no other way to phrase this, cool! It looked sort of alien but that's what made me find it amazing. 

The bath bomb was a quick fizzer when it hit the water, and it created this lovely orange foam, whilst turning the water the same orange colour.



Unlike other bath bombs from Lush, Lava Lamp doesn't produce as much as a show, it's very different to say Twilight or Fizzbanger. It doesn't produce what people would call 'bath art' as such, but when the bath oils explode into the water then it creates a show in your bath.

The oils slowly fell off the bath bomb and into the water. They didn't melt that easily in the bath and tended to float around in the water. When I picked them up, the purple smudged on my fingers and it was a lovely colour, and I would love to mention it didn't stain me, the oil came off pretty easily.

My bathroom was filled with this beautiful uplifting orange scent which was slightly sweet, probably from the use of Limonene. It creates this kind of 'dry' orange scent but it was still lovely. It was that nice my boyfriend even commented on it when he walked in every now and then.

After Thoughts

I think that Lava Lamp is a beautiful product which is perfect for a little 'pick me up'. It will be lovely for days when it's raining outside or you're having a rubbish time because it will make you feel instantly happy.

However, one problem I have with this product is the bath oil. Anywhere they touched, I found purple bath oil stuck on me. It wasn't really a big problem, but I was stained by purple oil until I left the bath as they continuously stuck to me. Admittedly, though, I find this same problem with any Lush bath oils!

Also, I would suggest you sit in your bath until the water drains and wash the oil off the side of the bath. It's always a pain as when you wash the oil off the side of the bath it constantly re-appears until there is no water left in the tub!

Though, I loved this bath bomb and can see why so many of us love this one by Lush.

I will definitely use it again and give it 4/5 due to the oil nonsense, but thats just me being picky ;)

- Rachel xx 

See me demo it here 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! - Rachel x