Sunday 15 May 2016

Magic Bath Bomb

Magic Bath Bomb 

I first bought Magic in February 2016. It was pretty hyped up in the Lush community and I think I'd avoided it due to that reason. However, when they announced it on the live Lush Kitchen Periscope I was pretty interested.

They noted that it had peppermint which was good for the joints and with my chronic pain this bath bomb seemed far more appealing. The same week they also released the Magic Shower Jelly, another new found love of mine.

I should say straight out that Magic is not for the people who like sweet smells such as Candy Mountain or Yuzu and Cocoa. There is nothing remotely sweet to Magic; it is pure herbs all the way through. 

When they first arrived, you could smell them straight away. There was an overpowering strong smell of fresh mint, not the artificial smell of mint.

They are a 3D hexagon shape and a light blue. Notice that they are the same shape as The Experimenter? Maybe I heard that The Experimenter was modelled off Magic, but I wouldn't hold me to that.

To many people, they don't smell the Rose Absolute but it isn't exactly a strong floral smell. It seems to be a stripped back rose smell, so if you're expecting Roses All The Way soap smell then you won't get this.

I could really, however, smell the Basil oil through the bath bomb. It wasn't particularly unpleasant but more refreshing.

To you and I, this bath bomb may look boring and just like any other but Magic is far from boring. It is called Magic for a reason.

When it hits the water, it fizzes loudly and quite fast. It starts off as a beautiful blue colour which swirls in the water.

Then it starts to seep this wonderful purple colour which slowly turns into a pinky colour. The show it produces is rather amazing to watch. There are many different waves to this bath bomb which make it exciting.

As you can see, the bath bomb has this purple centre which explodes in the bath. It ripples around the water and creates a beautiful picture in the bath .

It really creates what many would call 'bath art'.

As I sat in the bath, I found the whole experience very relaxing. Using such a herby bath bomb is really like taking a break with nature. There are no sweet overwhelming smells, but everything just smells lovely.

 Truly, I find that Magic gives my joints a break and they feel eased by the peppermint in it. Plus, the water doesn't end up covered with glitter but just a lovely blue and purple colour.

As the bath bomb comes to a finish, one of two sprigs of parsley emerge, finishing the amazing experience off.

When they released this again in May 2016, I made sure to snag just a couple (7 I think) but it is one of my favourite bombs!

Would I reccomend it for you? Do you like herbal smells? Or are you a comforter gal?

Don't buy it if you hate mint or overpowering smells of nature!

Watch me demo it here and here.

- Rachel x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! - Rachel x