Saturday 28 May 2016

Intergalactic Bath Bomb

Intergalactic (2016)

If you don't like mint, then you might as well click off this post and never come near it again.

Intergalactic is like you've been punched in the face with mint and then they throw some on you just to finish you off. By the end, you feel well and truly 'minted out' (yes I'll take credit for that phrase)
Sadly, this photo is taken from the
Lush USA website, deleted
my original one :( 

It creates a truly spectacular show in the bath but it's not really for the mint haters amongst us (me being partially one of those people).

Don't get me wrong, I do like this product. As someone with chronic pain, mint is known to provide some relief from aches and cramps. That's also why I love 93,000 miles... along with the fact it smells slightly like After Eights...

The bath bomb itself is beautiful when you first look at it. It's extremely glittery with rainbows of colour rippling through it. I guess the name Intergalactic comes from how much it looks like I imagine Space to look.

The first smell is definitely mint, as if I should mention it again, but it definitely packs a punch.

In The Bath

Intergalactic is a complete contrast to my recent review of Lava Lamp.

When this bath bomb hits the water it slowly fizzes and produces this light blue foam. It slowly turns from side to side as it fizzes various colours out of the side.

The colour of the foam is so pretty and the way it settles in the water just amazes me.

Of course, you can really smell the mint, but the Grapefruit Oil seems to add another subtle layer to it. I feel that it sets off the mint and produces this refreshing smell which is no longer unpleasant or too heavy for the nose.

Grapefruit Oil is supposed to have a cleansing and brightening impact on skin and I believe that this happens when using this product, along with the amount of glitter that Intergalactic seems to produce.

It really, well and truly, makes me feel like royalty when I bathe in Intergalactic. I might hate the smell of mint but I'm a true sucker for anything with glitter, I'm normally so amazed by the water.


Additionally, it produces a beautiful show in the bath.

The bath bomb has colours of pink and yellowy white leaking from it as it slowly whizzes round the bath. It has this wonderful mark it leaves behind in the bath which you can feel for the rest of your bath.

I would think it can calm any kind of nerves as it seems such a stress reliever. The colours aren't too bright, just perfect, and I can see why it appeals to a lot of people... hence, I'm not ready to bash the hell out of this product just yet ;)

It leaves behind this beautiful water which smells perfect and it calms me when I'm using it.

After Thoughts

Intergalactic is a crowd pleaser and I can see why....

It is a smell which many people won't be overwhelmed by (unless you hate mint, in which case, don't buy this product unless you SMELL IT FIRST), but it still has a hint of sweetness to it.

The show in the bath is perfect and it fizzes for a while whilst producing some perfect 'bath art'.

One con has to be the glitter, but we can probably overlook that because it makes us feel like royalty for an hour or so. Plus, its fairly easy to clean up when it's dry.

I give this product 5/5. I'm a hater of mint but I get over that to enjoy this beautiful bath bomb.

Additionally, its great for many of us with chronic pain, and I find it gives me a small moment of relief from my constant jont pain.

- Rachel xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! - Rachel x